Undergraduate studies within the School of Economics and Finance at Queen Mary, means rigorous, challenging and engaging training in economics that will help you realise your potential and develop your future career.
Your learning experience is characterised by three key principles:
- Enquiry: acquire a deep and critical understanding of economics by coming in close contact with leading researchers in economics and finance both inside and outside the classroom.
- Engagement: become a well-rounded individual through active engagement in the classroom and participation in various extracurricular activities organised by the School.
- Development: learning is not only about knowledge but also about developing highly valued transferable skills (communication, presentation, team-working skills) that can give you a head start in your future career.
- 2nd in London, top 15 in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- Both QMUL Economics and Finance are ranked first in London and top four among Russell Group universities (National Student Survey 2017)
- 94% and 96% students satisfaction in, respectively, economics and finance study (National Student Survey 2015)
- 3rd in London and 17th in the UK in the Complete University Guide 2016
- 3rd in London and 17th in the UK in the Sunday Times University Guide 2016
- 6th in the UK in the Times Good University Guide 2014
- 10th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- 96% of our graduates are in work or further study within 6 months of graduation (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2013)
Professional body accreditation
Investment Management Certificate (IMC) accreditation from the Chartered Financial Analyst Society UK (CFA) for BSc Economics and Finance, BSc Economics, Finance and Management, BSc Economics and International Finance and BSC Economics and Finance with a year in Industry.