Research keywords: Public Economics, Microeconomics.
Roberto Veneziani holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the London School of Economics and Political Sciences. He is a Reader in Economics at the School of Economics and Finance, Queen Mary University of London. His research interests include topics of liberal principles of distributive justice, axiomatic exploitation theory, macrodynamic models of growth and distribution, egalitarian principles, distribution of resources between generations, sustainable development, and normative principles in economics. He is also interested in the history of economic thought and in political economy from a mathematical perspective.
He has published articles in a number of outlets in economics (including the Journal of Economics Theory, the Economic Journal, the Journal of Mathematical Economics, Social Choice and Welfare, the Journal of Public Economic Theory, the Cambridge Journal Economics), political science (including the British Journal of Political Science and the Journal of Theoretical Politics), and philosophy (including Philosophy of the Social Sciences). He has refereed for thirty different journals in economics, political science and philosophy.
- Liberal principles of distributive justice
- Axiomatic exploitation theory
- Macrodynamic models of growth and distribution
- Egalitarian principles
- Distribution of resources between generations
- Sustainable development
- Normative principles in economics
- Mariotti M., Veneziani R. "The Liberal Ethics of Non-Interference", British Journal of Political Science, (forthcoming).
- Mariotti M., Veneziani R. "Opportunities as chances: maximising the probability that everybody succeeds", The Economic Journal, (forthcoming).
- Yoshihara N., Veneziani R. "Globalisation and Inequality in a Dynamic Economy: An Axiomatic Analysis of Unequal Exchange", Social Choice and Welfare, (forthcoming).
- Yoshihara N., Veneziani R. "One million miles to go: taking the axiomatic road to defining exploitation", Cambridge Journal of Economics, (forthcoming).
- Lombardi M., Miyagishima K., Veneziani R. (2016) "Liberal Egalitarianism and the Harm Principle", The Economic Journal, vol. 126, 2173-2196.
- Yoshihara N., Veneziani R. (2015) "Exploitation in economies with heterogeneous preferences, skills and assets: An axiomatic approach", The Journal of Theoretical Politics, vol.27, 8-33.
- Mariotti M., Veneziani R. (2013) "On the impossibility of complete non-interference in Paretian social judgements", Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 148, 1689-1699.
- Veneziani R. (2013) "Exploitation, Inequality, and Power", The Journal of Theoretical Politics, vol. 25(4), 526-545.
- Flaschel P., Franke R., Veneziani R. (2013) "Labor Productivity and the Law of Decreasing Labor Content", Cambridge Journal of Economics, vol. 37(2), 379-402,.
- Mariotti M., Veneziani R. (2012) "Allocating chances of success in finite and infinite societies: The Utilitarian criterion", Journal of Mathematical Economics, vol. 48, 226-236.
- Mariotti M., Veneziani R. (2009) "Non-Interference Implies Equality", Social Choice and Welfare, vol.32, 123-128